Here at Langhams we are all about going green for the better of our environment!
Ways in which we do this?
- Signed Environmental Policy
- Natural light and ventilation in the venues
- Energy-efficient equipment and lighting – LED bulbs .
- Renewable energy – Solar and Windmill
- Internal waste management system, Nespresso packets & a box which is recycled All bathrooms are fitted with water efficient taps & toilets, reducing water consumption
- Biodegradable notebooks & pens for our conferences & events
- Recycling of beverage cans, water glass bottles & milk cartons
Our Environmental Policy
Langhams Lifestyle Estate, striving for excellence in all we do and recognising the impact that Langhams may have on the population and the environment. This policy is drawn up to implement and maintain the procedures set out by the company in such a manner, as to prevent harm or damage to the community and surroundings respectfully. Protection of the environment is an integral part of our planning and decision making. We will manage our company, wherever we do business, in an ethical way that strikes an appropriate and well-reasoned balance between economic, social and environmental needs.
We are committed to:
- Conducting our business with respect and care for the population & the environment
- Responsible utilisation of natural resources
- Continually improving our safety, health & environmental performance
- Complying, as a minimum, with all applicable legal & other agreed requirements
- Promoting dialogue with stakeholders about safety, health & environmental performance
We will achieve these by:
- Implementing a safety, health, environmental management system Informing & appropriately training all employees & contractors on safety, health & environmental matters
- Responding effectively to safety, health & environmental emergencies involving our actives & products
- As far as reasonably practicable, providing appropriate resources required to implement the above
- Ensure that the health, safety and environmental policy is reviewed at periods not exceeding three years from the effective date or by a date set by the Chief Executive Officer.